TORONTO, ONTARIO, April 3rd 2020 —
- Avoid reusing passwords on multiple sites.
- Use two-factor authentication wherever possible
- Focus on long, simple passwords or phrases, instead of shorter, more complex ones (15+ characters)
- Here’s a funny cartoon to illustrate this:https://xkcd.com/936/
- Choose passwords that can’t be easily determined from your social media accounts
- Make sure you choose passwords that won’t embarrass you if they’re leaked
- Stop browsers from remembering your passwords
- Do not use information that can be found in social media or online for password resets
- Use a password manager – Starport recommends LastPass
If you need any assistance or want to explore cloud-based options and security measures for your business, Starport and Cyber724 are here to help. On behalf of our whole team, we hope you are staying safe and healthy during this time.