Robert S. Mueller, III, Past Director FBI
Cyber Risk – Challenges and Response
Cyber security is an increasingly vital business function that is significant to every aspect of corporate health. An appropriate and proactive cyber security function directly impacts:
- Product and service integrity
- Customer experience
- Corporate culture andd resulting staff behaviour
- Operations reliability and efficiency
- Regulatory compliance
- Investor confidence
- Brand reputation
Cyber-attacks are evolving rapidly, becoming more frequent, and are increasingly dangerous to on- going business operations. The risk of cyber threats is not new, but the levels of sophistication; the speed of attacks, and the severity of damage that can be inflicted are alarmingly ‘new’.
With stakes so high, organizations must understand their cyber security risk tolerance and how they will respond to cyber security threats. Many senior level executives are unaware of their responsibilities to manage compliance, and to affirm for customers, stakeholders and employees, that appropriate safeguards are in place.
In response to this urgent need, Starport Managed Services has introduced a suite of services that will help organizations of all sizes build a defence, and protect themselves from data loss, business disruption and possible extortion.
Starport delivers its cyber security services through its team of security professionals located at Starport’s Security Operations Centre (SOC). The security operations center staff is comprised of IT security professionals who work together to detect, analyze, respond to, report on, and prevent cybersecurity incidents.
OSC Presentation – CTO Brian Everest
Cyber724.com White Paper
Noteworthy Cyber Threats
- Customer data hacked at CIBC and Bank of Montreal
- Billions in cryptocurrency wealth wiped out after hack
- How Siri feature can be used for phishing
- Apple, Cisco team up to offer discounted cyber insurance
- RBC funds new cybersecurity lab at University of Waterloo
- Trump security team looks to build 5G network to counter cybersecurity threats
- Hackers Are Using PDF Versions of ‘Fire and Fury’ to Spread Malware
- Police probing Bell Canada data breach; up to 100,000 customers affected
- Metrolinx thwarts cyber attack by North Korean hackers
- Security flaws in virtually all phone and computer chips ‘one of the worst CPU bugs ever found’
- Cybersecurity, nuclear threat and global politics: What to watch for in 2018
- New cybersecurity rules coming this winter amid year of massive hacks: Ralph Goodale
- Hackers are taking advantage of Uber’s security breach with this dangerous phishing email
- Cellphone companies may need to step up privacy protections, minister says
- Hackers only needed a phone number to track this MP’s cellphone
- Money, espionage and image: Why North Korean hackers are making waves
- McMaster student charged for hacking into admission offer letters
- ‘Jeopardy!’ winner charged with computer crimes in Michigan
- FBI Cyber’s Most Wanted List
- RCMP Cybercrime Strategy
MANAGED SECURITY – MSSP
MANAGED SECURITY SERVICES PROVIDER
Managed security services is a systematic approach that Starport has designed in order to manage an organization’s security needs.
Under Starport’s watch, we oversee your network and information systems security. Our services are centred around functions that include round-the-clock monitoring and management of intrusion detection systems and firewalls, overseeing patch management and upgrades, performing security assessments and security audits, and responding to emergencies.
Starport combines its rigorous procedures, with products that are available from a number of vendors to help organize and guide the procedures involved. This diverts the burden of performing the chores manually, which can be considerable, away from administrators.
STARPORT MSSP CREDENTIALS
As a leading provider of MSSP services, Starport has been selected to present and convey this critical subject matter to members of the GTA financial community. Starport has a primer regarding security that it delivers to business executives in a format that is clear, non technical and easy to understand.